A ONE DAY ONLINE
PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS CONFERENCE
FRIDAY 22ND MAY 2020
A mini-session to help you wrap your head around copyright and selling your photography to clients. Have you ever had a client ask you for some of your photos from a trip?
I will go over techniques to help you establish what to charge and how to negotiate a rate for use of your photos.
1) Why Copyright Matters
2) How to come up with a price for your photography
3) How to negotiate use/licensing
I’ll walk participants through the process of using Lightroom. We’ll start with how it all works, and the go to editing a couple photos. I’ll show all the tools within the program, both basic and advanced.
1) Better Photo Organization
2) Better Photo Editing Skills
3) Understanding of What Makes a Good Photo
Photography is one of the most powerful storytelling mediums ever created. In this session you’ll learn how to tell the story of a place, event, or community through photography. Focusing on concepts like shot selection, engaging locals, and editing.
1) Shot Selection in the Editing Process
2) Engaging with Locals
3) Developing a Code of Ethics
A lot of people think that to be a good photographer, you need the best cameras and the best looking locations, but it’s not the case at all. Photography is all about seeing and using a camera as a tool to capture your unique vision.
We will be looking at how to get started learning about photography by first understanding and then mastering your smartphone’s camera, with some easy tricks and tips using everyday’s common landscape to sharpen your eyes to capture beautiful things and escape for a second, even from home. If there’s light, there’s a photo waiting to be taken.
1) Sharpened sense of observation and noticing more things
2) A better overall knowledge of mobile photography and how to improve your photo when it’s being taken
3) Some easy tips and tricks on how to edit your images with apps on a smart phone
Ever thought – wish i was out shooting that sunset or sunrise today? All it takes is good planning, and with a plethora of good apps to chose from, you can automate planning and know when and where it’s worth going out shooting, while maximising no shoot days on editing or down time without regrets of loosing out on epic light.
1) Learn about best weather apps and how to read them
2) Learn about sun, moon and astro alignment apps to know where to be for a composition you’re after.
3) Bonus tip : How to plan what to shoot for stock that sells when traveling.
Demo of how to use various LR functions to edit images and then how to save them to a custom preset. Plus short Q&A/troubleshooting.
How to take control of your editing, how to create a custom preset, how to give your imagery a cohesive aesthetic
Learn how to showcase the beauty of your food at home with minimal equipment. As an experienced food blogger, I’ll be sharing my best kept tips, useful tools and practical know-how, so you can create professional looking food photos from the comfort of your home.
1) Practical know-how for taking photos of food.
2) Creative tips and tricks for food styling.
3) Knowledge of complimentary tools and props
All about shooting self portraits, how to shoot them effectively, and coming up with ideas!
How best to use your camera to photograph yourself, how to creatively come up with ideas in lockdown but also for real life when things are back to normal, and info on basic equipment needed.