Part Time Intern For Traverse
Traverse Events is now well into its second year and we’re busy working on our fifth event, Blogstock 2014, as well as our sixth and seventh events, and a few special projects. Needless to say, we’re growing and getting more than a little busier.
We’re looking for a part time intern to help us for the next few months in the build up to Blogstock, and hopefully after that. This is an extremely hands on role, there are currently just a few people at the company, and all work remotely on various parts of the business. The intern for Traverse Events will be expected to take on some large responsibilities and jobs, as well as be creative and work on coming up with new ideas for events and the business.
Below are just a few of the different parts of this role:
Social media management
- Running the day to day social media channels for Traverse Events
- Answering queries, responding to posts and starting conversations on Twitter
- Posting as Traverse Events on Facebook and engaging with people in the Traverse Events page
- Growing the following on both Facebook and Twitter
- Posting stories, links, images and photos to the Facebook page
- Identifying potential sales leads for various events run by Traverse
- Collating information on possible event attendees including gathering email addresses, names etc
- Occasionally emailing potential or existing customers, for direct sales or as part of a wider strategy
- Responding to sales queries over email and social media (as mentioned previously) Marketing
- Assist with the overall marketing strategy of Traverse Events for various events, primarily Blogstock
- Chasing information for the websites of Blogstock and Traverse Events when needed
What you’ll need
We value skill and enthusiasm at Traverse, the company was founded by people going into a new field and we continue to test ourselves and dive into unknown waters with pretty much everything we try. What we will need to see is evidence that you could do the job above, it may be part time and relatively casual, but it’s a crucial part of the business, especially with all three directors often unavailable and busy between the hours of 9 and 5.
It would help if you had some good contacts and experience in the blogging world, preferably in fashion, food or lifestyle. Experience in anything else is never harmful though, so please do get in contact regardless. If you could demonstrate a knowledge of Social Media, please do, and if you have any past experience in sales, that is never bad, although we never really feel we need anything to be forced, as we rate our events pretty highly, so a willingness to try new things and throw yourself into a job would be best here.
What you’ll get from us
As mentioned before, this is very much a part time position. We don’t believe that anyone should work for nothing, and little annoys us more than brands, whoever they may be, having interns unpaid for long periods of time. We’ll be discussing remuneration with any candidates we feel would be keen on working for us and an asset to the brand.
You’ll also get some great experience and a chance to be involved with what we (and almost everyone that knows us) believe is a great company, and as the brand progresses, we’d very much hope that you could as well. This is a chance to get in on the first floor of a company that is going places, and we’d hope to be able to offer the successful candidate first refusal on a larger role, as soon as one develops.
You’ll be required to attend Traverse team meetings, usually once every two weeks, although these increase in regularity when a big event is approaching, and you’d also be expected to be helping at the events. Although you can trust us when we say that this is great fun!
Get in touch
If this sounds like something you’d be keen on doing, please do get in touch, pop us a quick email introducing yourself and letting us know why you’d like to join Traverse, as well as a CV (or link to LinkedIn profile) for us to look at and we’ll be in touch. The best email to get us on is email@example.com.