Terms and Conditions Belize Competition
*Terms and conditions can be found here:
- Two return flights to Belize (the “Prize Draw”) is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
- The Prize Draw is not open to employees or agencies of Belize Tourism Board (“BTB” or the “Promoter”), their group companies or family members, freelance contributors to BTB, or anyone else connected to the Prize Draw.
- Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Prize Draw you must send a tweet on Twitter stating who you’d take to Belize with you and why, quoting the hashtag #belizetraverse18. No purchase is necessary.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Prize Draw entry to us. The winner shall be the owner of the twitter account from which the selected winning entry is sent.
- BTB accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The Prize Draw closes at 23:59 on 15 JUNE 2018. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- The winner will receive two return flights in economy class to Belize from a UK airport, via a transfer location up to a maximum value of £1,000 per flight, subject to availability. The prize must be taken at one time and does not include travel between the winner’s home and the airport, travel insurance, accommodation, transport, food and drink, personal expenditure or incidental costs, other than where mentioned.
- The winner will be asked to specify their three preferred departure dates. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they and their guest have a valid passport and travel insurance and obtain any necessary vaccinations and visas for their trip. Once confirmed the booking cannot be amended. Only one winner per household. BTB accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize that are not expressly included in the prize.
- The winner will be selected by way of a random draw from all entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will take place on or after 15 June 2018.
- The winner will be notified by phone on or after 15 June 2018 and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to BTB or its representatives within 14 days of being notified of their win, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and BTB shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and BTB shall be entitled to select another winner.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- BTB reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on the Promoter’s reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by the Promoter and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner’s voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by the Promoter and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
- BTB reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of BTB in all matters relating to the Prize Draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- BTB shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Prize Draw where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Prize Draw and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Traverse Events